Friday, September 5, 2008

I Am Optimistic About Humanity in General

Why, you ask? Because working at a car lot, I have access to a simple exercise to demonstrate the good in people: turn on a blinker.

You see, with so many cars out there on the pavement, chances are one or two of them have a dead battery because someone has left the key on, or the dome light, or whatever. What's the easiest way to charge a battery? Leave the vehicle run. And how do you remind yourself to not let it run all day or until it runs out of gas? Turn on the blinker.

Now for the amazing part. A guy pulls in, parks, gets out of the car, walks into the building, and says, "Hey just wanted to let you know you have a car out there with the turn signal on." Then the phone rings, "Yes, I just drove by your lot, and just wanted to let you know that you have a van out there with the turn signal on."

Happens every time! It's amazing to me. I can't imagine why people feel the need to tell us, but they seem completely willing to go totally out of their way to help us out by letting us know.

I can only come to one conclusion: there is hope for humanity after all!

No comments: